Music Opportunities at St. John’s Lutheran School
“Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world.” — Martin Luther
We are very blessed at St. John’s to have many music opportunities for our students. Here is information about the music program for the 2022-23 school year. Please be sure to keep an eye on the Wings, weekly class newsletters, and the music page on our website to stay updated regarding the music program schedule.
MUSIC CLASSES AND CHOIRS AT ST. JOHN’S LUTHERAN SCHOOL:
- All 1st – 6th Grade Students participate in a Music Class.
- All 1st – 4th Grade Students sing in Children’s Choir, which rehearses during Music Class. Children’s choir schedule 2022-23
- All 5th and 6th Grade Students sing in Junior Choir, which rehearses during the school day. Junior Choir schedule 2022-23
- 7th and 8th Grade Students have the option to sing in the Junior Choir, or enroll in a Music Exploration Class.
- Echoes of Praise: All 5th—8th Grade Students who sing in the Junior Choir may audition for the 2022-2023 Echoes of Praise. Rehearsals take place after school on Thursdays.
- Handbell Choir: Students in 5th—8th Grades are eligible to play in Handbells. Rehearsals take place before school. More information coming soon.
Please note – Echoes of Praise and Handbells are extracurricular activities, and academic eligibility requirements are applied.
PRIVATE MUSIC LESSONS AVAILABLE AT ST. JOHN’S:
- Piano, Violin, Viola, or Cello Lessons are available for students in Kindergarten—8th Grade, with Ms. Ada Ignatov. To register: Strings and Piano 2022-23
- Walther Band Program: 4th-8th grades – Private band instrument lessons during the school day, and opportunities for band rehearsals including Monday Night Band. Please view flyer: Walther Band Info To register: Band Information 22-23
- Private Voice Lessons are available for students in 5th—8th Grade, with Mrs. Stapleton. (Please Email Kristen Stapleton)
To learn more information about the Music Ministries at St. John’s School, or if you have any questions: (Please Email School Office)