Music has played an important role in the worship life of God’s people from the beginning of time. From the spontaneous songs of Moses and Miriam to the soul-searching poetry of the psalms; from complex choral works to simple hymns or praise choruses; from very old to very new – music is a common language that unites God’s people of every time and place, and allows us to share the gifts and insights of those who have gone before us and lets us add our own creative expression to the songs of the church that continue from generation to generation to our Lord, Jesus.
CLICK HERE FOR THE: 2021-22 School Choir Schedule (DATED: 2021-08-24)
PLEASE NOTE THE MANY OPPORTUNITIES INVOLVING MUSIC AT ST. JOHN’S SCHOOL:
- All 1st – 6th Grade Students participate in a Music Class.
- All 1st – 4th Grade Students sing in the Children’s Choir. (INFORMATION: Children’s Choir)
- All 5th and 6th Grade Students sing in the Junior Choir. (INFORMATION: Upper Grade Music Overview)
- All 7th and 8th Grade Students have an opportunity to sing in the Junior Choir, or they can enroll in a Music Exploration Class. (INFORMATION: Upper Grade Music Overview) (INFORMATION: Upper Grade Music Selection Form)
PLEASE NOTE THESE ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES TO BECOME INVOLVED IN MUSIC AT ST. JOHN’S:
- Opportunities for students in Kindergarten—8th Grade to play a string instrument or the piano. (Registration Form)
- Opportunities for 4th—8th Grade Student to play a band instrument. (Registration Form)
- All 5th—8th Grade Students that sing in the Junior Choir have an opportunity to audition for the Echoes of Praise Choir.
- Opportunities are available for students in 7th—8th Grade to play in a Handbell Ensemble. (Please Email David Lincoln)
- Opportunities are available for students in 5th—8th Grade to take private voice lessons. (Please Email Kristen Stapleton)
To learn more information about the Music Ministries at St. John’s School or if you have any questions, please contact David Lincoln, Director of Music Ministries via e-mail.